Re: [tycho-user] Work around for Maven persistently using JDK 1.5 by default

I have switched to Tycho 1.0.0 now. Andreas Sewe. I don't understand what you said after the sentence about being on tycho 1.0.0

What would be helpful is to have the section from the effective POM (mvn
help:effective-pom) that deals with the tycho-compiler-plugin, as there
are multiple settings (<useProjectSettings>, <useJDK>, <source>,
<target> [2]) that may be relevant here.

What exactly should i set?

This is what my effective_pom looks like for the tycho_colpiler_plugin section

<plugin>
       <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
       <artifactId>tycho-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>1.0.0</version>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <id>default-compile</id>
           <phase>compile</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>compile</goal>
           </goals>
           <configuration>
             <compilerArgs>
               <arg>-warn:-raw,unchecked</arg>
             </compilerArgs>
           </configuration>
         </execution>
       </executions>
       <configuration>
         <compilerArgs>
           <arg>-warn:-raw,unchecked</arg>
         </compilerArgs>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonah Graham wrote:
> In addition to the manifest, are the .classpath and
> .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs also set to 1.8?

Note that whether that file is considered depends on your Tycho version.
As of 1.0.0, it is considered by default [1]. For older version,
<useProjectSettings> defaults to false, however.

What would be helpful is to have the section from the effective POM (mvn
help:effective-pom) that deals with the tycho-compiler-plugin, as there
are multiple settings (<useProjectSettings>, <useJDK>, <source>,
<target> [2]) that may be relevant here.

Hope this helps.

Andreas

[1] <https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/1.0.0#Compiler>
[2]