Re: [tycho-user] My first Tycho build

>------
>The first problem I got was that few plugins and features have the same identifier: bundle symbolic name and feature name respectively. If
>additionally they have the same version, the tycho/maven-based build fails. Is there any way to avoid the issue,
> apart from the obvious workaround of making either the name or the version differ ?

have you tried using different maven groupIds for plugins and features?

>-----
>The second problem I've found is the automatic generation of sources for features. Looking at the current Eclipse OCL features, some of them
>include source features, others don´t. For instance, org.eclipse.ocl.all [3] does not include source features.
> The build is currently failing with the following error:
>

>[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho.extras:tycho-source-feature-plugin:0.26.0:source-feature (source-feature) on project
>org.eclipse.ocl.all: Could not generate source feature for project MavenProject: org.eclipse.ocl:org.eclipse.ocl.all:5.2.200-SNAPSHOT
> @ XXXXXXX\features\org.eclipse.ocl.all-feature\.polyglot.build.properties
>[ERROR] Missing sources for features [org.eclipse.ocl_3.6.201.201701171307, org.eclipse.ocl.uml_5.2.201.201701171307]
> If I try to exclude the source feature generation for that particular feature in the main configuration pom file [2] (lines 62-66), I still
>get the same failure. Any suggestion/tip/documentation link about how to deal with source features ?

I think you should exclude

            <configuration>
                 <excludes>
                    <feature id="org.eclipse.ocl" />
                    <feature id="org.eclipse.ocl.uml" />
                </excludes>
            </configuration>

see https://eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs-extras/tycho-source-feature-plugin/source-feature-mojo.html
and https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Reference_Card#Source_Features

>A third problem I foresee, related to testing (I've not tried tests execution yet). With buckminter there is the concept of workspace and
>workspace provision. Is there anything similar in tycho/maven ? IIRC, OCL tests cases require that some third party
> projects exist in the workspace, and I'm unclear whether the tests cases are gonna work without them.

the eclipse workspace for JUnit tests is empty by default.
You may be able to copy/extract files to
https://eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs/tycho-surefire/tycho-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#osgiDataDirectory

during build prior to test execution or configure it to use a workspace folder not located in target/.

Note that the workspace folder keeps state so it's probably a good idea to keep it in target/ so it's cleaned on mvn clean and copy files each time before test execution.

Regards,
Jan

Back to the top