Re: [tycho-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: PDE API description file line endings

The generated one includes the resolved bundle qualifier, so it seems like committing the api_decsription file would have the wrong value (not sure if that actually matters or not). Additionally our experience has been that it's worth it to add a few seconds to the build by generating it so that we can eliminate the human error of forgetting to update the file along with the code.

-----Original Message-----
From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Boldt
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 11:24 AM
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [tycho-user] PDE API description file line endings

External Sender: Use caution with links/attachments.

If the .api_description file is committed to git (rather than generated at build-time), you can ensure correct line endings when checking it out from source using your git config settings.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__stackoverflow.com_questions_10418975_how-2Dto-2Dchange-2Dline-2Dending-2Dsettings&d=DgIGaQ&c=PskvixtEUDK7wuWU-tIg6oKuGYBRbrMXk2FZvF0UfTo&r=dLxYM3PBhAqFnkH7uKz_OVZL1uyui4QoEmBCjCmEiTk&m=hidnz7YnOHUPCuaeAXrLEDKaJOVh5Pf9X3-E7xK9BFM&s=UxRB_upEyQEGZrGJxrMpahZ_tYnRSusQWfgwA4aRHjs&e=

--
Nick Boldt :: Productization Lead :: JBoss Tools & Dev Studio :: Red Hat, Inc.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nick.divbyzero.com&d=DgIGaQ&c=PskvixtEUDK7wuWU-tIg6oKuGYBRbrMXk2FZvF0UfTo&r=dLxYM3PBhAqFnkH7uKz_OVZL1uyui4QoEmBCjCmEiTk&m=hidnz7YnOHUPCuaeAXrLEDKaJOVh5Pf9X3-E7xK9BFM&s=DoRfrnGhrUILOvBoREQCWRvplFhcApbmLqJvL61pbQU&e=