[tycho-user] Workspace feature dependency resolution is failing

I'm comfortable with RCP and e4, but Tycho/Maven is new for me. I'm trying to eventually get my project to build headlessly on a Jenkins build server.

I've been following Vogella's Tycho/Maven tutorial and it was going really well until I tried to build features that depend on other features. My product is based on features. I have one core feature and dozens of other features. All of the other features depend on the core feature.

Running the Maven build, it looks like it builds all of my bundles just fine and it builds my core feature (edu.illinois.mobius.feature), but then chokes on the first of my "other" features because it can't find the feature that it just finished building.

Here's a snippet of the Maven output:

[INFO] Computing target platform for MavenProject: edu.illinois.mobius:edu.illinois.mobius.feature:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/kjkeefe/git/Mobius-4.6/features/edu.illinois.mobius.feature/.polyglot.build.properties
[INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: edu.illinois.mobius:edu.illinois.mobius.feature:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/kjkeefe/git/Mobius-4.6/features/edu.illinois.mobius.feature/.polyglot.build.properties
[INFO] Resolving class path of MavenProject: edu.illinois.mobius:edu.illinois.mobius.feature:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/kjkeefe/git/Mobius-4.6/features/edu.illinois.mobius.feature/.polyglot.build.properties
[INFO] Computing target platform for MavenProject: edu.illinois.mobius:edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/kjkeefe/git/Mobius-4.6/features/edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature/.polyglot.build.properties
[INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: edu.illinois.mobius:edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/kjkeefe/git/Mobius-4.6/features/edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature/.polyglot.build.properties
[INFO] {osgi.os=linux, osgi.ws=gtk, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, osgi.arch=x86}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature.feature.group 2.6.0.qualifier
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature.feature.group 2.6.0.qualifier requires 'edu.illinois.mobius.feature.group [2.6.0,2.6.1)' but it could not be found
[ERROR]
[ERROR] See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.
[ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: edu.illinois.mobius:edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/kjkeefe/git/Mobius-4.6/features/edu.illinois.mobius.atomic.advise.feature/.polyglot.build.properties: See log for details -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

Ken

Back to the top