Re: [tycho-user] Tycho packaging: Maven groupId and artifactId vs OSGI Bundle-SymbolicName

Hi,

On 09/28/2016 02:18 PM, Ben Zegveld wrote:
That got me wondering why tycho expects ArtifactId:Version while this is not by definition unique.
I believe it's caused by p2 (the dependency resolve for OSGi bundles in Eclipse) doesn't have a concept of groupId at all. Also, the typical OSGi bundle using a fully-qualified name such as `org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.12.0.v20160606-1342.jar` when Maven usually uses `${artifactId}-${version}.jar`. So it seemed more straightforward and natural to map Bundle-SymbolicName on artifactId.
Is there a way to configure Tycho to expect the combination of groupId and artifactId as the Bundle-SymbolicName?
Not that I am aware of, but you could consider creating an enhancement request to support that practice as well.

However, some preliminary questions:
* What's your issue with using artifactId == Bundle-SymbolicName in practice?
* Did you try to simply skip the execution execution of the validation mojo? If so, how far does it go without complaining?

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top