Re: [tycho-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Platform-specific features in a multi-platform build

Can you only include platform-relevant projects in your reactor (and then only configure that one platform in your tycho-platform-configuration)? You can use an eclipse-repository project to gather all those platform-specific features/plugins on in the build each platform, copy the resulting software site from each platform to a “master” build platform, then use those local sites to build the final multi-platform site with all platforms enabled in tycho-platform-configuration.

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mickael Istria
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:17 AM
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [tycho-user] Platform-specific features in a multi-platform build

On 09/22/2016 09:41 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:

Hi all,

My use case is the following: I'm building en eclipse-repository for multiple platforms (mac,linux,win32) which contains some features that are platform-specific (with a filter on the feature). When I try to build it, Tycho fails complaining for example that a win32 feature cannot be resolved for a macosx target.
Do you know how to make Tycho more permissive regarding this and go on despite this platform incompatibility?

Still on this topic:
Is it possible to tweak the build of an eclipse-repository with a p2.inf? I imagine if I can generate a p2.inf that makes such platform-specific features optional, it will solve my issue.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Back to the top