Re: [tycho-user] Using Takari inkremental compiler with tycho

We have seen similar behavior like described in the following maven-compiler bug during the build-process of our tycho-maven rcp build.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5523 (just think of it as a maven-tycho-project)

The default of tycho-maven is to build incrementally. So while this seems to be broken I wanted to evaluate the takari-incremental-compiler as workaround.

Since this would not work as you said, I tested the alternative I mentioned before.

https://maven-incremental-build.java.net/site/usage.html

But this plugin doesn’t seem to like pomless tycho-maven builds, as it always detects it as changed pom. Have to inspect this in more detail.

So what is your suggestion on problems like described in MNG-5523 ? Always perform a clean before the actual goal?

Best regards

Ahmet Bilgin