[tycho-user] Get SCM branch before Target Platform?

We set our organizational parent POM to define a single P2 repo URL with a property, which is filled in by properties in the project’s parent POM.

        <repository>
            <id>rm_daily</id>
            <layout>p2</layout>
            <url>http://server.example.com/p2/${sitename}/${siteversion}</url>
        </repository>

We do this so we can have a simple universal settings.xml with one serverId with credentials to the artifact repository (since Maven doesn’t like it when you define multiple repository URLs with the same id, and we don’t want to have a gigantic list of serverId’s to configure in settings.xml). I’m trying to get the URL to include the SCM branch automatically, in place of the ${siteversion} reference, to eliminate a manual step that devleopers must remember after creating a branch (ie changing the siteversion property in their SMC repository’s parent POM). However the plugins that set an SCM branch property run after Tycho computes the project’s target platform, so it fails when it can’t dereference a property value.

Anything that requires any manual step (extra command-line arguments to Maven, changing settings.xml or pom.xml) beyond creating a branch with standard SCM tool will defeat the purpose.

Any suggestions?

Justin Georgeson
Release Management

Email: jgeorgeson@xxxxxxx
Office: +1 713-839-3010
Fax: +1 713-839-2285

Follow Halliburton: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Blog

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Back to the top