[tycho-user] Adding a directory

I have an e4 JavaFX FXML rich client platform (RCP) application that is being built by Tycho.  I have a requirement that a "dropins" directory get created. I also want to populate that "dropins" directory with OSGi bundles/features. The bundles/features that will be put into the "dropins" directory will depend on which edition of my software of the end customer purchases. Upon first start up my application will take a look at the "dropins" directory and load the bundles/features using p2.  The reason the bundles are not just included is because other bundles/features will be added and downloaded later, on demand, by the end user.  Another way to look at this is that the end user is responsible for adding or removing bundles from the "dropins" directories as needed.

This is what I get now....

x86_64

___features

______ (more stuff here)

___p2

______ (more stuff here)

___workspace

______ (more stuff here)

___configuration

______ (more stuff here)

___plugins

______ (more stuff here)

___artifacts.xml

___eclipsec.exe

___MyApp-0.1.exe

___MyApp-0.1.ini

This is what a want...

x86_64

___features

______ (more stuff here)

___p2

______ (more stuff here)

___workspace

______ (more stuff here)

___configuration

______ (more stuff here)

___plugins

______ (more stuff here)

___dropins

______My_bundle01

______My_bundle02

______My_bundle03

___artifacts.xml

___eclipsec.exe

___MyApp-0.1.exe

___MyApp-0.1.ini

My question is this, isn't technically possible to meet this requirement, in the build process, and if so how to do it.

Back to the top