Re: [tycho-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: tycho mirror goal and category.xml

P2 support is not available in the next-gen Nexus 3 either and won't be, so I wouldn't build existing solutions on top of it. We've had major performance and stability issues using it in Nexus 2 as well. I've been checking out Package Drone for that exact reason (not with much success as of yet, but at least way more promising than Nexus).

On 17/06/16 01:27, Justin Georgeson wrote:

A note about the P2 generator plugins, they don’t preserve p2.inf requirements with a platform filter (used for automatically installing relevant platform fragment when a consumer installs the host bundle). A defect was entered for it

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-8054

which was closed as WONTFIX as P2 support is to be “rebuilt on CMA”.

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian de Alwis
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:37 AM
To: Tycho user list <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [tycho-user] tycho mirror goal and category.xml

Save yourself some grief and just use Nexus with its p2 proxy support to proxy those repositories.  There’s some details at:

And there’s an example of setting up Nexus with the p2 plugins using docker at:

          https://github.com/sonatype/docker-nexus/issues/9

The p2 bridge plugin adds the ability to grovel through artifacts for OSGi metadata and expose them as a generated p2 repository.  There’s very little documentation about this, and Sonatype seems to have pulled the nexus-p2-bridge-plugin and nexus-p2-repository-plugin from their public github site.  As I recall, you have to add the P2 Metadata Generator and P2 Aggregator Generator capabilities for each Maven repository, which then exposes the bundles found as a p2 repo at ‘http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/repositories/central/.meta/p2

Brian.