Re: [tycho-user] How to ensure that "import-package" results in getting packages only from bundles specified in "require-bundle"?

On 05/04/2016 07:49 AM, Jonah Graham wrote:
Hi David,

Try this:

1- git clone https://git.eclipse.org/r/orbit/orbit-recipes
2- cd to antlr/org.antlr.runtime_4.5.1
3- run mvn clean package

You now have a proper OSGi bundle in the target directory.

See the README for more details, in your clone root or here
https://git.eclipse.org/c/orbit/orbit-recipes.git/tree/README.md

Ok. If I'm understanding this correctly, I believe this won't make any difference.

It doesn't matter if I have a "proper" OSGi bundle or an OSGi bundle composed of jars obtained from "maven-dependency-plugin". The crux of the problem is that if the dependent plugin has an "import-package" specification for "org.antlr....", there are some undetermined circumstances where some of those references are resolved at runtime using the classes in the checkstyle bundle (which I'm not specifying as a dependency anywhere), and some are resolved with the bundle I've constructed. This results in a "linkage error".

At this point, it's looking like my only viable option is to use the "maven-dependency-plugin"'s "copy" task within each plugin that requires the antlr jar (there may be two plugin components that require it), which will avoid the need for the "import-package" specification. Yes, this is ugly, especially if I need to do it in more than one plugin component. Ugly is better than a fatal error.

Alternatively, as I stated in the base note, if there was some way to ensure that the classes are only resolved using the bundle I specify, I could avoid the previous solution. I've noticed the "uses" qualifier on "export-package". This seems related, but perhaps not quite what I need.

Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.