Re: [tycho-user] Why is there an artifacts.xml in my build product archive?

This is generated by P2 to store what is referenced in the /p2/ folder to know what to load. When you install new features into Eclipse this file is rewritten.

So it's not a Tycho specific file.

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6

> On 26 Apr 2016, at 12:26, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that my product archives contain an artifacts.xml in their
> root folder (besides the executable and the folders I would expect:
> plugins, features). Why is that?
>
> FWIW, I just checked with the itp04-rcp example using Tycho 0.25 [1] and
> this occurs there as well:
>
>> tar tvf itp04-rcp/eclipse-repository/target/product/example.product.id-linux.gtk.x86_64.tar.gz
>>> artifacts.xml
>>> configuration/
>>> configuration/config.ini
>>> configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/
>>> configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
>>> configuration/org.eclipse.update/