Re: [tycho-user] How to get access to "StructuredTextEditor" in my plugin, and general strategy for this

Hi,
plugin.xml declares extensions, not dependencies.

What you are looking for is either Require-Bundle or Import-Package directives in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.
Require-Bundle lists bundles (plugins) that are used by the project, while Import-Package tells osgi framework to provide corresponding ones based on required java packages.

In your case you've found the right plugin, which is org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui (plugin jars are named as <bundleSymbolicName>-<version>).
This bundle (along with the whole webtools project) is available from a repository that corresponds to your target eclipse version (e.g. http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars for Mars).

I'm working with an existing Eclipse plugin codebase that I'm still learning how to work on.  I've actually managed to implement some fixes and get them integrated, but I'm having an issue with the next task, and this is likely just a simple thing with working on Eclipse plugins.

I'm adding a new "source page" to the plugin, which is already a multi-page editor.  This new page will be very similar to the "Effective POM" view in M2E, so I'm modeling it off of that.

M2E uses an "IEditorPart" which is a "org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.StructuredTextEditor".  I see that I don't have access to that class in my plugin, so I'm guessing I have to add a new dependency to my target platform file, or perhaps to my "plugin.xml" file.

At this point, I think my problem is that I don't know which bundle has this class. Is there a general strategy for figuring out which bundle has particular classes?  I tried looking at the M2E source for a clue.  In the "plugin.xml" for the project that references this class, I see that it depends on "org.eclipse.ui.editors" and "org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus".  The project in my codebase already has the former.  I don't imagine the latter would be relevant.

I see that "StructuredTextEditor" is found in "org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui<version>.jar".  I tried going through the target platform GUI for a package that might have this, but I'm only guessing.

Again, I could use "the answer", but I'd rather hear "the strategy".