[tycho-user] Strategies for defining update site url

I'm working on an Eclipse plugin codebase, and I've gotten to the point where the build server is producing the update site zip file. I now need to think about reasonable strategies for defining an update site URL. The simplest strategy would be a single URL that I publish everything to, snapshots and releases. That's probably not a good idea. Is it as simple as just defining a "/release" url and a "/snapshot" url and leave it at that? Each of these would just get the latest release or snapshot respectively.

Obviously, I have to work with my infrastructure team to make the URLs available, I just want to start with something that will be maintainable.

Back to the top