Re: [tycho-user] Subproject produces "eclipse-repository" packaging, but Eclipse instance fails to install referenced plugin

Someone gave me a comment on my StackOverflow posting (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35345656/unable-to-install-locally-built-eclipse-plugin-get-error-reading-signed-conten), saying that he looked at the code in question in the stacktrace, and it didn't look like it was a problem with signed content. I'm certainly not attempting to sign anything.

Concerning the "p2 mirroring" concept", I don't understand the point of this.

The stacktrace in the log doesn't indicate what file it was:
-------------------------
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2016-02-10 18:22:49.495
!MESSAGE An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2016-02-10 18:22:49.495
!MESSAGE session context was:(profile=_home_opnfv_eclipse_java-neon_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2016-02-10 18:22:49.495
    !MESSAGE Error reading signed content.
    !STACK 0
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:163)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedBundleHook.getSignedContent(SignedBundleHook.java:209) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CertificateChecker.checkCertificates(CertificateChecker.java:73)

This wasn't the entire stacktrace, but nothing past this indicated the file name.