[tycho-user] Subproject produces "eclipse-repository" packaging, but Eclipse instance fails to install referenced plugin

I inherited a largish Eclipse plugin codebase (https://github.com/davidmichaelkarr/yang-ide), and the original authors deployed the resulting Tycho-built update site to a public site (http://dl.xored.com/yang/releases), and installing the plugin from there works fine.

Maven says that the entire tree builds successfully. I can successfully test the plugin by launching a test instance, loading the associated plugins.

Now I'm attempting to install the built update site in an existing Eclipse instance. I've tried defining the update site in Eclipse by selecting the "update-site/target/<basename>.zip" from the "Archive" button, and also "update-site/target/repository" from the "Local" button.

When I select this update site in "Install New Software", I'm able to select the one feature, then click "Finish" on the "Install Details" page, but the next page always reports this:
An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase. session context was:(profile=_home_opnfv_eclipse_java-neon_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).
Error reading signed content.
error in opening zip file

The other curious, and perhaps telling, symptom is that on the "Install Details" page, when it lists the plugins to be installed, there is a block below which has a "Size:" label. This says "0 bytes". I don't know what this indicates, if anything.

I'm not familiar with the required structure of an update site, so I don't know what might be wrong. Maven doesn't complain when it builds this module.

What else can I look at to diagnose this?

Back to the top