Re: [tycho-user] tycho and maven prepare release

Hi Mikhail,

there are two reason why I am doing it this way which are mentioned
here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/examples/prepare-release.html

1) Check that there are no uncommitted changes in the sources
I need this feature as I would like to ensure that no
snapshot-dependencies are present.

2) Transform the SCM information in the POM to include the final
destination of the tag
The Release plugin modifies the scm information and replaces /trunk with
the url of my release tag. I guess that this is not part of scm:tag,
right? So do you know a solution for this.

If I could replace these two features of the Release plugin I would
build Tycho related releases without the Release plugin.

So any suggestions are highly appreciated :-)

Kind regards
Oliver

Btw. for the first feature I stumbled upon the Maven Enforcer Plugin
which might do this job as well.
https://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/requireReleaseDeps.html
Any experiences?