Re: [tycho-user] Generate bundle.properties file during build

Hi,

If you look at the bottom of my mail you'll see that I use the tycho-packaging-plugin already. I've experiemented further and found a couple of things:

- it seems I need to specify the relative path (to the build directory) for the additionalFileSet to pick up the file and place it in that relative path in the generated plugin jar - I cannot have 2 active profile's that each setup a different configuration of additional files to include for the tycho-packaging-plugin

So moving the configuration of the tycho-packaging-plugin out of the profile's into the general pom part and merging the include's for the two different files makes my setup work.

Any idea wether a bugreport about the last point is worthwhile - I'm using tycho 0.21. Since I'm still a maven/tycho beginner I'm just not sure wether the setup with 2 profiles configuring the packaging plugin in different ways should work or is something that lies outside the intended use-cases of profiles.

Andreas

On 2015-10-28 09:34, Sievers, Jan wrote:
try https://eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs/tycho-packaging-plugin/package-plugin-mojo.html#additionalFileSets

Jan

On 27/10/15 22:28, "tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Andreas Pakulat" <tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to replace a placeholder in the bundle.properties of a plugin
during the prepare-package phase. I've setup a profile that is activated
based on the existence of the 'template' file similarly to how EPP generates an about.mappings file in the final plugin to contain the Eclipse version and
build id.

I can see the generated bundle.properties in the target directory, but the
final plugin always gets the original source file with the placeholders and
I'm failing to see the difference between the logics for about.mappings and
for bundle.properties. Anybody can give me a hint?

This is the profile for about.mappings copied from org.eclipse.epp.packages:

<profile>
      <id>update-branding-plugins-about.mappings</id>
      <activation>
        <file>
          <exists>${basedir}/about.mappings</exists>
        </file>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.6</version>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>process-about.mappings</id>
                <phase>prepare-package</phase>
                <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
                  <overwrite>true</overwrite>
                  <resources>
                    <resource>
                      <directory>${basedir}</directory>
                      <includes>
                        <include>about.mappings</include>
                      </includes>
                      <filtering>true</filtering>
                    </resource>
                  </resources>
                </configuration>
                <goals>
                  <goal>copy-resources</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
            <artifactId>tycho-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${tycho-version}</version>
            <configuration>
              <additionalFileSets>
                <fileSet>
                  <directory>${project.build.directory}</directory>
                  <includes>
                    <include>about.mappings</include>
                  </includes>
                </fileSet>
              </additionalFileSets>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>

Based on that I added (to the same pom.xml):

    <profile>
      <id>update-bundle.properties</id>
      <activation>
        <file>
          <exists>${basedir}/OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle.properties</exists>
        </file>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.6</version>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>process-bundle.properties</id>
                <phase>prepare-package</phase>
                <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/OSGI-INF/l10n</outputDirectory>
                  <overwrite>true</overwrite>
                  <resources>
                    <resource>
                      <directory>${basedir}/OSGI-INF/l10n</directory>
                      <includes>
                        <include>bundle.properties</include>
                      </includes>
                      <filtering>true</filtering>
                    </resource>
                  </resources>
                </configuration>
                <goals>
                  <goal>copy-resources</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
            <artifactId>tycho-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${tycho-version}</version>
            <configuration>
              <additionalFileSets>
                <fileSet>

<directory>${project.build.directory}/OSGI-INF/l10n</directory>

--
Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing