Re: [tycho-user] Maven/Tycho dependencies not available in IDE/PDE

That's what the tycho configurator does, indeed. However, it needs to be installed in the first place. In case the Maven project import didn't trigger the Tycho configurator discovery, you can manually install if from Preferences > Maven > Discovery > Open Catalog.