[tycho-user] Adding a default workspace via rootfiles

Dear all,

I would like to populate my RCP product with a „default workspace“, containing a default project.

I tried to achieve this by creating a dedicated feature and a rootfiles-folder which is configured in the build.properties file. The rootfiles-folder contains the workspace-folder which comprises of a default project and some settings (in a .metadata folder). See screenshot:

Building the product works fine, and the resulting “ch.hilbri.assist.features.defaults_root-2.0.0.201508270922-root.zip” file contains the workspace and the “ExampleProject”. Unfortunately, the “.metadata” folder has NOT been copied.

I tried to check the documentation for rootfiles, but there seems to be no options like “include dot-files or dot-folders”.

Are there any other options to copy the “workspace folder” (including .metadata) to the target?

Best regards,

Robert