[tycho-user] source feature not working without sourceTemplateFeature, if using shared license

Hi friends,

We build source features. Recently I tried adding a shared license feature. The aggregator now fails during source feature builds with

Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho.extras:tycho-source-feature-plugin:0.23.1:source-feature (source-feature) on project com.my.feature: Source feature depends on 'sourceTemplateFeature/feature.properties', entry 'copyrightURL'. However, this key could not be found -> [Help 1]

If I add a com.my.feature/sourceTemplateFeature/feature.properties which duplicates my license.feature/feature.properties, then it works. However, this seems counter intuitive, given that the shared license should avoid license related duplications.

The Tycho source feature integration test example for shared licenses (http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.extras.git/tree/tycho-source-feature-plugin/src/it/license-feature?id=da2d87fe9ca03daa81b9d71d1a86e9f3db3726e6) also includes a sourceTemplateFeature folder (and thereby avoids this error using duplication). Is that duplication really the intended Tycho workflow or might that error message indicate a Tycho bug, which is only triggered in the absence of sourceTemplateFeature?

Ciao, Michael

Back to the top