Re: [tycho-user] Tycho versions plugin with aggregator pom

Thanks, that works! However, wouldn't it be useful if parent poms are picked up automatically? I can't think of another case where a parent pom needs to be added as a module.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Sievers, Jan <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx> wrote:
two things:

- looks like the reactor does not build the parent, I think you should add it as a module
- if it's not the current pom, you need to give the versions plugin a hint from where to start propagating version changes, in this case

mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=1.0.1-SNAPSHOT -Dartifacts=com.vogella.tycho.parent

See docs [1]

Regards
Jan

[1] https://eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs/tycho-release/tycho-versions-plugin/set-version-mojo.html

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lutz Wrage
Sent: Donnerstag, 2. Juli 2015 16:13
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] Tycho versions plugin with aggregator pom

I am trying to figure out how to use the tycho versions plugin to set a new version in a project that uses aggregator poms. An example would be https://github.com/vogellacompany/com.vogella.tychobook.git

This project has an aggregator pom in the repository's root directory which references another aggregator pom in com.vogella.tycho.aggregator. The parent pom is in com.vogella.tycho.parent

When I call mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=1.0.1-SNAPSHOT in the project root directory or com.vogella.tycho.aggregator only the pom.xml there is updated.
If I add the artifact ID of the parent pom (-Dartifacts=com.vogella.tycho.parent) I get an error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:0.23.0:set-version (default-cli) on project com.vogella.tycho.main: Could not set version: Project with artifactId=com.vogella.tycho.parent cound not be found -> [Help 1]
Is this supported at all? And if yes, where do I invoke the mvn command and which parameters do I need?
Thanks!