Re: [tycho-user] HTTPS - disable hostname check

I haven't tried these with tycho but in other contexts - so they might work...or not.

Might be enough to add `-Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false` to the jvm used to launch tycho.

if not, maybe add custom verifier via javaagent: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6031258/java-ssl-how-to-disable-hostname-verification

/max

Hi Jan,

thanks for your quick answer!

I found this post as well but it doesn’t help in our case because the certificate itself is not the problem.

The problem seems to be that nexus is available under domain1 but the returned certificate is issued for domain2. Both of them are well trusted and correct in itself but unfortunately the network setup seems to be messed up somehow (as i said we cannot change that for now) and the returned certificates are messed up.

Any other ideas? Is it possible to change the HostnameVerifier of the underlying HttpClient somehow?

Best, Thomas E.-E.