[tycho-user] How compatible is Tycho with OSGi

I am planning to use Tycho to build and start an OSGi application. It was extremely easy to do this with Tycho compared to PaxRunner. However I am wondering if Tycho is leaving some "eclipseness" in my application, which I do not want (I am a friend of Eclipse, I just need a plain OSGi application in this case :) ). Why are Tycho packaging types are called "eclipse_xxx". Is it just historic? How far is Tycho ideal for OSGi? Could I get into problems later?

Regards,
Nirmal

Back to the top