Re: [tycho-user] Custom build steps that work in Eclipse and Tycho?

I do not recommend using build-time class instrumentation inside Eclipse
workspace, especially together with m2e. If your ORM solution comes with
Eclipse integration, you may be fine using that, but do not assume
you'll be able to adapt Maven plugin to work inside m2e.

I believe runtime class instrumentation using javaagent or equinox
classloading hooks is far better approach in the long run.

Igor

On 2015-02-11 21:58, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
Assuming your ORM has a Maven plug-in, I recommend you to configure it
in the pom.xml files.
Then when you import the projects in Eclipse using m2e, m2e will perform
some analysis of the Maven plug-ins configured and will run those. When
m2e analyzes the plug-ins two things can happen:
     1 - the maven plug-in is understood by default, nothing needs to be
done
     2 - the maven plug-in requires a specific Eclipse plug-in called a
connector
(https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html)
to be installed in which case two things can happen
         a - an eclipse plug-in exists for this maven plug-in and all is
good
         b - no eclipse plug-in exists  <<-- this will likely be your case

So the bottom line is if you want to use the ORM and have it just work
for Maven and Eclipse, you will likely have to write a connector.

If you don't feel like doing this connector authoring, you may want to
try to add a Builder to the project (right click > Builders).

HTH

Pascal