Re: [tycho-user] Build WTP on Windows 7

My build is set up with a Mars M5 Eclipse SDK. There are two target platforms: Running Platform and wtp-prereqs. I tried to run the build with each of the two target platforms but got the same error.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

Inactive hide details for Jeff MAURY ---02/03/2015 04:02:05 AM---Can you describe the target platform that you are using ? JeffJeff MAURY ---02/03/2015 04:02:05 AM---Can you describe the target platform that you are using ? Jeff

From: Jeff MAURY <jeffmaury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tycho user list <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/03/2015 04:02 AM
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] Build WTP on Windows 7
Sent by: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Can you describe the target platform that you are using ?

Jeff

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM, Samuel Wu <samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I'm trying to set up an eclipse WTP build on a Windows 7 machine with eGit. I got the following error message when starting the build with the clean install option.
    [ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
    [ERROR]   Software being installed: org.eclipse.jst.sdk.feature.group 3.6.0.qualifier
    [ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier requires 'org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found
    [ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.jst.sdk.feature.group 3.6.0.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.jst.web_sdk.feature.feature.group 0.0.0
    [ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.jst.web_sdk.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.jst.web_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0
    [ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.jst.web_ui.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.wst.ws_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0
    [ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.wst.ws_ui.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] Internal error:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.: [Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier to org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0.; No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.] -> [Help 1]
    org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException
    : Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.: [Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier to org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0.; No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.]
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(
    DefaultMaven.java:167)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(
    MavenCli.java:584)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(
    MavenCli.java:213)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(
    MavenCli.java:157)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(
    Native Method)
    NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:94)
    DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(
    Method.java:619)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(
    Launcher.java:289)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(
    Launcher.java:229)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(
    Launcher.java:415)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(
    Launcher.java:356)
    Caused by:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.: [Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 3.6.1.qualifier to org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0.; No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.]
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.AbstractResolutionStrategy.newResolutionException(
    AbstractResolutionStrategy.java:98)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.ProjectorResolutionStrategy.resolve(
    ProjectorResolutionStrategy.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.AbstractResolutionStrategy.resolve(
    AbstractResolutionStrategy.java:63)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.impl.resolver.P2ResolverImpl.resolveDependencies(
    P2ResolverImpl.java:157)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.impl.resolver.P2ResolverImpl.resolveDependencies(
    P2ResolverImpl.java:107)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2TargetPlatformResolver.doResolveDependencies(
    P2TargetPlatformResolver.java:348)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2TargetPlatformResolver.resolveDependencies(
    P2TargetPlatformResolver.java:321)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.resolveProject(
    DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead(
    TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java:75)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(
    DefaultMaven.java:317)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(
    DefaultMaven.java:155)
    ... 11 more

    I checked the feature org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature which is fine in the repository. I also checked the pom.xml files and they also look fine. Wonder whether anyone can shed some light. Thank you so much.

    Best Regards

    Samuel Wu

Jeff MAURY

"Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
tycho-user mailing list