[tycho-user] "Default Auto-Start"-option for Tycho Surefire

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is such a thing as a "Default Auto-Start" option for Tycho Surefire like it can be found for Eclipse Launch-Configurations?

I noticed that when I specify a distinct start level for a bundle in the pom.xml, like

<configuration>
    <bundleStartLevel>
        <bundle>
            <id>org.hibernate.osgi</id>
            <level>6</level>
            <autoStart>true</autoStart>
        </bundle>
    </bundleStartLevel>
</configuration>

the corresponding bundle entry in the generated config.ini gets generated with @6:start appended. But every bundle without a distinct start level is appended without ":start" to the osgi.bundles-parameter, so they remain in the "RESOLVED"-state after Equinox starts up.

My testcase relies on bundles starting automatically so my current workaround is to specifiy a start level for every deployed bundle which obviously makes the pom.xml grow a bit.

I couldn't find any configuration parameter to specify that all bundles should be started, so I'm wondering if there is a better way to achieve this without having to specify every start level. Additionally I would be happy if you could provide some insights on why Tycho Surefire works this way - at least from my point of view I'd guess that most testcases need the deployed bundles in the "ACTIVE"-state. Or is there some bug involved in the end (I'm using version 0.21.0)?

Thanks,
Katrin

--
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

Back to the top