[tycho-user] Problem about installMode="root"

hello eveyone,

we have built our Product with Tycho 0.20.0 , but met a problem by updating the sub features. There are many issues about it in internet.  We have also resolved this problem by manually inserting ' installMode="root" ' into the product definition. But I have still two questions:

Question 1:
Which eclipse version supports the 'installMode' directly in product definition editor? We won't edit the file manually everytimes.
Google says from Luna M7. But we use the newest Luna SR1 (Build id: 20140925-1800) and it seems not to be supported. Do you know any solutions?

Question 2:
We have released some old version products. They were built without ' installMode="root" '. How can they support the updating of sub features? Can we configure the 'installMode' anywhere within the product? Or any other solutions?

best regards

Jiang

Back to the top