Re: [tycho-user] Resolve Maven plugin dependencies from target platform?

Tycho does not use system scope the way to describe. Tycho never
resolves system-scoped dependencies from the build target platform.

Igor

On 2014-11-07, 7:37, Andreas Sewe wrote:
Hi Igor,

But even if plugins were resolved after project dependencies, how would
you express "this plugin depends on the same version of xtext runtime as
the project being built"? Can you provide pom.xml snippet?

ah, I don't want to express "this plugin depends on the same version of
xtext runtime as the project being built" but rather "this plugin
depends on the xtext runtime from the target platform configured for
this project".

Something like

   <plugin>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
	<artifactId>org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore</artifactId>
         <!-- Triggers some resolution magic --<
         <scope>system</scope>
         <systemPath>target-platform</systemPath>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </plugin>

I realize that overloading system-scope in this way is ugly, but Tycho
uses the system scope for its special treatment in other places already.
Doing this in a nicer way probably would require some sort of POM 5.0,
though.

Hope that explains what I am after.

Andreas

Back to the top