[tycho-user] Resolve Maven plugin dependencies from target platform?

Hi,

AFAIK, Tycho hooks into Maven's dependency resolution and, through some
system-scope dependency magic, makes Maven pick up project dependencies
as declared in the target platform.

Now, I wonder whether it's possible to also resolve a *Maven* plugin's
dependencies from the target platform?

Why would one want to do that? Well, in our build we use the
xtext-maven-plugin which requires a couple of plugin dependencies [1].
All these dependencies are readily available from our target platform.
However, I still have to hunt down the "equivalent" JARs on Maven
central and maintain their versions in the POM. Keeping this in sync is
not fun.

Hence, I am wondering whether Tycho could hook into Maven's dependency
resolution in such a way that plugin dependencies could also come from
the target platform?

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1]