Re: [tycho-user] How do I import a bundle-packaged project into Eclipse for debug?

Please provide complete standalone example and exact steps to reproduce
the problem and I'll have a look.

Igor

On 2014-10-24, 19:42, Lee Carver wrote:
I must be missing something here.  My attempts to import a wrapper
bundle still lead to a run-time ClassNotFoundException when I try to
debug the sample application that is attached.

I've reduced the BundleGuava project down to just a pom.xml file.  This
eliminated the .project, .classpath, and META-INF/MANIFEST files that
had been present in the project.  I think this packaging is identical to
the packaging for the itp02/build01/pomfirst-thirdparyt/pom.xml.  I do
not have any project that resembles the
itp02/build01/pomfirst-bundle/pom.xml.

When I import the BundleGuava project as an existing Maven project, the
.project and .classpath files where created from scratch.  The Tycho and
Eclipse compilers seem happy with this arrangement.

However, when I try to launch the BundleUser as an Eclipse application,
I get this exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/base/Joiner
com.google.common.base.Joiner cannot be found by BundleUser_1.0.0.qualifier

Although I've imported BundleGuava as an Existing Maven Project, the IDE
does not seem to recognize it as a project that can be added to the
build.  I note that is is not listed in the Debug Configuration page for
Plugins.  Although I can add it a a project for the build dependencies,
it does not seem to be recognized as a Workspace plugin.

I sure I'm omitting one essential Maven attribute on some configuration
page.  And I'd sure appreciate some help figuring out which attribute thats.

(I'm using Guava as an example.  In my RPC application, I have a large
number of more exotic libraries.  Regardless, I look forward to using an
externally packaged Guava in the future.)

Here's the pom.xml for BundleGuava:

<projectxmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<parent>
<groupId>org.demo.bundle</groupId>
<artifactId>bundle-parent</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<relativePath>../bundle-parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

<artifactId>BundleGuava</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>bundle</packaging>

<properties>
<guava.version>18.0</guava.version>
</properties>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>
<artifactId>guava</artifactId>
<version>${guava.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

<build>
<sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<version>3.1</version>
<configuration>
<source>1.6</source>
<target>1.6</target>
</configuration>
</plugin>

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
<version>2.5.3</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<instructions>
<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime</Embed-Dependency>
<_nouses>true</_nouses>
<_exportcontents>com.google.common.*</_exportcontents>
<_removeheaders>
               Import-Package,
               Embed-Dependency,
               Embedded-Artifacts,