Re: [tycho-user] Building "shaded" JARs with Tycho?

Hi Igor,

> For m2e, we do this using maven-bundle-plugin <Embed-Dependency>
> directive to do this, then let m2e/tycho integration make results
> visible to PDE/IDE. This has advantage of full m2e support, including
> dynamic handling of pom.xml changes and source code lookup.
>
> The downside, such "wrapper" bundles, as we call them, have to be built
> separately during command line build.
>
> See how this is setup for m2e build
>
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git/tree/m2e-maven-runtime?id=releases/1.5/1.5.0.20140606-0033

Thank you for the pointer. Running the build in a separate reactor and
then having two builds communicate through the local repository is less
than ideal, though. This is particularly true on Hudson, where each job
should have its own local repository.

Moreover, I think I would need three build for my use case:

1.) I already build an eclipse-plugin with Tycho that contains some
    utilities useful for both Code Recommenders and my FindBugs plugin;
    these I would like to re-use in my FindBugs plugin.
2.) I then would build the bundle-packaged FindBugs plugin which will
    embed the eclipse-plugin.
3.) I finally have to build another eclipse-plugin with Tycho that
    embeds the FindBugs plugin.

If at all possible, I would rather avoid this approach, even if it means
resorting to the maven-dependency-plugin or, *gasp*, the
maven-antrun-plugin.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--