Re: [tycho-user] Refer to variables in a features build.properties

On 2014-09-01 12:10, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
On 2014-08-29 17:37, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
Anybody has an idea how to do this with standard maven/tycho plugins
without changing existing files in the repository (I'm fine with a
build.properties.in -> build.properties transition that does the
replacement)?

The maven-resources-plugin should be able to do this for you.

I had looked at that before, but somehow always understood it would generate the file in the target directory. Re-Reading the docs I see one
can freely specify the output directory, will play a bit with that.

Unfortunately it seems this does not quite work with Tycho's packaging plugin. I've added the following snippet to the pom of the feature that
needs the replacement:

I think the problem is the cache in BuildPropertiesParserImpl. The cache is filled already during the clean goal where the file does not exist yet. Hence the build.properties is read 'too early'.

Short of removing that cache the only option I see is doing two separate runs for building:

mvn clean resources:resources
mvn verify

Andreas

--
Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing

Back to the top