Re: [tycho-user] How to build a product that uses simpleconfigurator with Tycho?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Matthieu Wipliez <matthieu.wipliez@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

I does not seem to be able to build my product without specifying the <configurations> in my product file with start levels of common plugins including the simpleconfigurator.
You mean run your product? I don't see how start levels relate to tycho producing the output. What I Do know, is that Eclipse e4 RCP needs some plugins to be started in a product:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/RCP/FAQ#Problems_on_Configuration.2C_Start-Up.2C_and_Shutdown

I'm using Tycho 0.20.0, my parent POM has a proper <environments>, my product includes a single feature that imports required features. For some strange reason, I need to <include> org.eclipse.platform too, otherwise the product won't start.
So is this post about starting or building? (Or both :-)

From what I understand, Tycho should generate a config.ini that is properly configured and uses the simpleconfigurator, but this is not what I'm seeing. Is there a reason why not?

I don't see options for the config.ini setup. In my tycho builds, SimpleConfigurator is not materialized.

Cheers,
Matthieu
--
Matthieu Wipliez