Re: [tycho-user] .target hierarchies

Le 06/08/2014 11:43, Christophe Bouhier a écrit :
Hi,
Hi.

I find myself repeating P2 repository locations in various target files. Is there a way in tycho add multiple target files? (Which would be merged), Ideally a target hierarchy would be nice to have.

I don't think it is possible with .target files themselves, but you can have a look at [1] which provides a higher-level textual DSL to define your target platforms, and which supports reuse/inclusion of commonly used parts. The source files in the DSL can generate fully-resolved .target files usable both inside Eclipse and by Tycho.

We use it extensively in Sirius [2] and even publish the target definitions as part of our build at [3] (click on "Show directory contents." to see the files). The DSL can resolve target definitions accessible through http, so a downstream project can add a line like this in its target definition and reuse the exact definition used by Sirius itself with zero duplication:

include "http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/nightly/targets/sirius_luna.targetplatform";

[1] https://github.com/mbarbero/fr.obeo.releng.targetplatform
[2] http://git.eclipse.org/c/sirius/org.eclipse.sirius.git/tree/releng/org.eclipse.sirius.targets
[3] http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/nightly/targets/