[tycho-user] Forcing surefire to use a specified target platform

Hello,

Our application is deployed as installable product, as well as an update site.

A third party product, which should use our application from the update site, is based on Eclipse 4.2.2.

Hence, we develop our application against a 4.2.2 Target Platform and we also want to test our application against that same 4.2.2 Target Platform.

We are moving from a PDE based build to a Tycho build and we are running the unit tests with the surefire plugin.

However, we noticed that the surefire plugin runs the unit tests in its own Eclipse 4.3.2 platform and not the Eclipse 4.2.2 platform.

We set the Target Platform in our Tycho build to Eclipse 4.2.2 and we see that the plugins are indeed compiled against that Target Platform.

How do we tell the surefire plugin to use the Eclipse 4.2.2 Target Platform?

We use Tycho version 0.20.0.

Thanks and kind regards,

Marcel Romijn
Software Engineer
Rocket Software
Korte Parallelweg 1 • 3311 JN Dordrecht • Netherlands
Tel: +31 78 6322800 • Fax: +31 78 6138134
Email: mromijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: seagull.rocketsoftware.com

Twitter FacebookYouTube LinkedIn