[tycho-user] What does feature/requires/import/version="0.0.0" mean and should it be expanded?

Hi,

not entirely sure whether this is the right mailing list, but I sure
there is enough overlap with people knowledgeable about the finer points
of a feature.xml.

Can someone tell me what the semantics of the following piece of
feature.xml are?

  <requires>
    <import feature="org.example.feature" version="0.0.0" match="perfect"/>
   </requires>

Unlike for feature/plugin/@version the "0.0.0" of
feature/requires/import/@version is not expanded to the feature version
actually visible during the build (be it from the target platform or the
reactor). And as far as I could tell during some experimental feature
installs/updates, any version of org.example.feature is a perfect match
for this requirement, making the above requirement pretty much useless.

Is this intended? And how is "perfect" supposed to be used? At least for
other features produced during the same build it's pretty much
impossible to predict their version up to and including the qualifier?
How can I therefore put a perfect version in there?

Or is the qualifier not part of the version matching? Unfortunately, [1]
is a bit fuzzy in this regard. The semantics of "equivalent",
"compatible", and "greaterOrEqual" are all spelled out clearly (talking
about major, minor and service levels, but not about qualifiers), but
"perfect" is not clear to me.

Can someone please explain feature version matching to me?

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1]
<http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Ffeature_manifest.html>