Re: [tycho-user] Run a plugin test with a 'just-built' product

On 2014-07-09 16:53, Mickael Istria wrote:
On 07/09/2014 04:44 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

So I guess nobody around who builds a product through maven and then wants to run tests using that product as part of the same build? I guess I'll have to rework my tests then to avoid the dependency on the default-configuration provided by the product.
Tycho integration-test suite has an integration test that gets this scenario working:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-its/projects/surefire.p2InstalledRuntime/productTest/pom.xml [1] Does it work if you first "mvn install" your product in your local p2 repo, and then just "mvn verify" the test? Can surefire resolve the
missing artifact from your local repo?

Thats essentially what I have as well, except I specify application and product in the configuration for the surefire plugin. Just removed them to double-check they don't cause any problem and upon closer inspection of the commandline used to install the product I noticed that this does not seem to include the product's target directory.

So its pretty clear why the installation of artefacts coming from the product (the native launchers for example) fails. The original mail includes the actual commandline of the p2 director and the target/ directories for all the com.froglogic.squish.* stuff are there. The product file itself and its pom.xml however reside in a directory called 'squishide', i.e. does not fit the common naming scheme and the directory name does not match the id of the product. This has historic reasons mostly, but I wonder if it could be the cause of the problem I'm seeing?

(Can't easily test this as one of the bundles needed already has a name that is the same as the product id).

Meanwhile however I also figured out that the failures I saw in the tests without installing the whole product where actually due to having test classes that we didn't execute anymore through our existing PDE build but where now picked up because I didn't specify any 'root' Test class.

So I don't really need a solution for installing the product anymore, but I'm still curious wether the reason for not including the repository of the built product could be the naming of the directories...

Andreas

--
Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing

Back to the top