Re: [tycho-user] Searching for a Masterthesis in combination with Tycho

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Köhler, Felix <Koehler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

To #1:   I already checked these tools. But as far as I know you have to use extra plugins/tools to support p2. For example (Un)zip [1].

but isn't it a lot easier to install a plugin into a mature repository manager (it's installed on the Nexus server)
instead of starting to develop a new repository manager from scratch ?
At SAP we use Nexus with the unzip plugin to share p2 repositories on a pretty large scale and it works nicely
for our use cases. Also the Nexus instance hosted by the Eclipse Foundation at https://repo.eclipse.org/
has the unzip plugin installed to enable serving p2 repositories. You can e.g. refer to the EGit p2 repository
for its latest release here

--
Matthias

Back to the top