Re: [tycho-user] Give me a starting point for a complete beginner

If you look in Window > Preferences > Maven > User Settings, do you see the same settings.xml and ~/.m2 folder that your commandline mvn build used?

If it's different, that might be why commandline resolves deps but in-Eclipse builds do not.

"p2" has been said to stand for a lot of things, from "Pascal's Provisioning" to "Provisioning Platform". It's also been said that it's called p2 because it sounds a little like someone spitting something out, ie., ptooey :D

http://eclipse.dzone.com/articles/understanding-eclipse-p2-provi
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ptooey