[tycho-user] build products with optionally included features

Hi,

I’m building an eclipse product and based on the selected maven profile, a certain eclipse feature should be included into the product or not.

I have two feature.xml, lets call them master-feature.xml and optional-feature.xml

master-feature.xml includes optional-feature.xml via

<includes
         id=“optional.feature"
         version="0.0.0"
         optional="true"/>

The master-feature.xml is always included in the product.

If I build the product with with optional-feature.xml included, all goes well.

If I try to build build the product with optional-feature.xml excluded, I get the error message below:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.20.0:package-feature (default-package-feature) on project master.feature: Execution default-package-feature of goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.20.0:package-feature failed: Could not resolve feature optional.feature_0.0.0; Path to dependency: -> [Help 1]

The optional-feature is indeed not there because I’m using a maven profile to not include its pom.xml build it when it’s not required.

However, since the feature-inclusion happens via optional=“true”, I’d expect tycho not to complain about it. Is this a bug? Is there another way to build different variants of the same product?

regards,
  Moritz

Back to the top