Re: [tycho-user] Running Eclipse inside Tycho using reactor or local repository artifacts

On 2014-06-11 19:07, Mikhail Kalkov wrote:
 > This will fail since my toolchain plugins are not present in the
Eclipse instance which hosts the headless build application.
I think this happens because my.toolchain.feature artifact is not
present in http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/ p2 repository.
Hence, you need to add a path to a p2 repository with plugins that were
just built. Since both tycho-p2-director and tycho-p2-repository plugins
bind by default to package phase, you would also need to move your tests
from test phase to integration-test phase.

Ok, thanks. I finally managed to solve the problem myself. The solution is to (1) use the maven-dependency-plugin to copy and unpack the repository from the corresponding repository module (the one with packaging set to "eclipse-repository"), and then (2) specify the p2 repository using an file:/// pointing into where the dependency plugin has unpack the repository.

I described my solution in more detail here:http://stackoverflow.com/a/24185550/13051, in case anyone is interested.

Thanks for pointing out that I need to bind to the integration-test phase.

/J

Kind regards,
Mikhail Kalkov

Eclipse Developer | Purple Scout AB | www.purplescout.com
<http://www.purplescout.com>
Kyrkogatan 20-22, SE-41110 Gothenburg, Sweden

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Jesper Eskilson
<jesper.eskilson@xxxxxxx <mailto:jesper.eskilson@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    (I tried asking this question on Stackoverflow, but did not get any
    response, so I'm repeating it here to see if I get lucky.)

    Is there a way to make the tycho-eclipserun-plugin:__eclipse-run
    goal resolve dependencies against artifacts in the current reactor
    or in the local repository? I'm trying to run the Eclipse/CDT
    headless build application as a step in our Tycho build, but I
    cannot figure out how to populate the Eclipse instance with the
    newly-built toolchain plugins.

        <plugin>
             <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho.__extras</groupId>
             <artifactId>tycho-eclipserun-__plugin</artifactId>
             <executions>
             <execution>
                 <configuration>
                 <appArgLine>-application
        org.eclipse.cdt.__managedbuilder.core.__headlessbuild -import
        file:///...  -cleanBuild all</appArgLine>
                         <repositories>
                             <repository>

        <url>http://download.eclipse.__org/releases/kepler/
        <http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/></url>
                                 <layout>p2</layout>
                             </repository>
                         </repositories>
                         <dependencies>
                             <dependency>

        <artifactId>my.toolchain.__feature</artifactId>
                                 <type>eclipse-feature</type>
                             </dependency>
                         </dependencies>
                     </configuration>
                     <goals>
                         <goal>eclipse-run</goal>
                     </goals>
                     <phase>test</phase>
                 </execution>
             </executions>
          </plugin>

    This will fail since my toolchain plugins are not present in the
    Eclipse instance which hosts the headless build application. I
    could, of course, point out an external update site which hosts the
    plugins, but I would like to be able to use the plugins which are
    already being built in the same reactor. Is that possible?

    --
    *Jesper Eskilson* /Development Engineer/
    IAR Systems AB

Website: www.iar.com
<http://www.iar.com> Twitter: www.twitter.com/iarsystems
<http://www.twitter.com/iarsystems>