[tycho-user] Running Eclipse inside Tycho using reactor or local repository artifacts

(I tried asking this question on Stackoverflow, but did not get any response, so I'm repeating it here to see if I get lucky.)

Is there a way to make the tycho-eclipserun-plugin:eclipse-run goal resolve dependencies against artifacts in the current reactor or in the local repository? I'm trying to run the Eclipse/CDT headless build application as a step in our Tycho build, but I cannot figure out how to populate the Eclipse instance with the newly-built toolchain plugins.

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho.extras</groupId>
    <artifactId>tycho-eclipserun-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
    <execution>
        <configuration>
        <appArgLine>-application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import file:///...  -cleanBuild all</appArgLine>
                <repositories>
                    <repository>
                        <url>http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/</url>
                        <layout>p2</layout>
                    </repository>
                </repositories>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <artifactId>my.toolchain.feature</artifactId>
                        <type>eclipse-feature</type>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
                <goal>eclipse-run</goal>
            </goals>
            <phase>test</phase>
        </execution>
    </executions>
 </plugin>

This will fail since my toolchain plugins are not present in the Eclipse instance which hosts the headless build application. I could, of course, point out an external update site which hosts the plugins, but I would like to be able to use the plugins which are already being built in the same reactor. Is that possible?

--
*Jesper Eskilson* /Development Engineer/
IAR Systems AB

Back to the top