Re: [tycho-user] How to use publish-features-and-bundles to turn old-style update site into p2

You might also want to look at a blog entry I wrote some time back: http://tonnymadsen.blogspot.dk/2013/05/tycho-and-pre-p2-update-sites.html

/Tonny

--
Tonny Madsen
My profiles: LinkedIn Twitter Blogger SlideShare

On 9 June 2014 11:27, Mikhail Kalkov <mikhail.kalkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Imo, the wording in Tycho/Additional_Tools articles could have been clearer. What it calls an "old-style update site" is some plugins/ + features/ + content.jar + artifacts.jar combination. I'm not sure what makes it an "old style" thing.

In p2 terms the [composite]content.{xml,jar} file is a metadata repository, and the [composite]artifacts.{xml,jar} is an artifact repository. The plugins/ and features/ directories are pointed out from artifacts.jar and mirrored together with this file. Since the tycho-p2-extras-plugin:mirror goal can only mirror p2 repositories, it will not mirror plugins/ + features/ without artifacts.jar.

I think you only need to run step 2 from https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Additional_Tools#publish-features-and-bundles_goal and skip mirroring.

Kind regards,
Mikhail Kalkov

Eclipse Developer | Purple Scout AB | www.purplescout.com
Kyrkogatan 20-22, SE-41110 Gothenburg, Sweden