Re: [tycho-user] What packaging to use for a myapp.target project?

>> see demo project
>> http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho-demo.git/tree/itp04-rcp/helios

> Thanks!  This is similar to what I've currently have tried to do.

> I see that it is the last module, and therefore last built, in
> the list of modules in the parent:
>  http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho-demo.git/tree/itp04-rcp/pom.xml
[snip!]
> Is the modules order in the parent POM intentional?  Or doesn't the
> module order matter?

(Answering my own question:)n
The module order doesn't matter because the target platform build
artifact is referenced in the parent POM
 http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho-demo.git/tree/itp04-rcp/pom.xml
like so:
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
        <artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
        <version>${tycho-version}</version>
        <configuration>
          <target>
            <artifact>
              <groupId>example.group</groupId>
              <artifactId>helios</artifactId>
               <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </artifact>
          </target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

The reactor will therefore cause the platform project to be built before
the projects using it.

Back to the top