Re: [tycho-user] What packaging to use for a myapp.target project?

> Your target-definition is most likely incomplete, missing some
> transitive dependencies.

Possibly...?  I had hoped the eclipse target file editor would pull in
the transitive dependencies...?

> You can use the target-platform-validation-plugin [1] when building
> your target-definition to make sure its contents can be resolved.

Thanks!  Is there a usage example?  I'm unsure of what to put in the
required targetFiles parameter:
 http://www.eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs-extras/target-platform-validation-plugin/validate-target-platform-mojo.html

> You also need to be aware of the difference between planner and slicer
> mode. Planner will generally work since it transitively includes
> necessary installable unit, slicer will use only what's in your
> target-definition so it requires you to verify your dependencies by
> yourself (the positive part is that it provides more control, more
> determinism, better performances).

Hm... here is what I found googling for "planner slicer":
 http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/0.13

I'm still not sure what that means...?  Maybe I'll figure it out over
time...?

Back to the top