[tycho-user] Can tycho build both an eclipse OSGi bundle and a test jar from one project?

Is it possible for tycho to build both an eclipse OSGi bundle and a test
jar from one single project?

The idea is to write JUnit test classes that tests the classes in the
OSGi bundle without going through OSGi, ie. use the bundle as a plain
old jar.

As for the question: "why would I want to do that?", the answer is that
I would like to unit test the business logic in the Java classes without
thinking about all of the surrounding layers.

If the answer is "no", then I guess a possible solution would be to put
the business logic into a maven-bundle-plugin project, and then depend
on that OSGi bundle in the tycho project.

Can OSGi bundles from maven-bundle-projects be made dependencies of
tycho projects?

Can/will they be included in eclipse plugins built by tycho?

Thanks!

Back to the top