[tycho-user] How to mvn deploy to repo plugins (site) in one build and consume in another?

Hello,

We are trying to learn how we may be able to have a first Tycho build from different source repos deploy artifacts into binary repository and have a second Tycho build consume that. Standard Maven stuff really... ;-)

Is my understanding correct that, when using Tycho, one cannot (impossible) somehow mvn deploy individual plugins features to a (say local or remote, e.g. Nexus) Maven repo to consume them from another build, as in normal Maven?

From what I gathered, the way people to do this is that you deploy a (ZIP of) an eclipse-repository, and then re-serve this from a remote Nexus repository? This isn't possible with local ~/.m2/repository - right?

Based on earlier http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tycho-user/msg03590.html thread, there currently appear to be two different ways to achieve above - which one do people mostly use now (1.5 years after that thread) / you recommend?

Is there any chance that Jenkins' "Build whenever a SNAPSHOT dependency is built" could work in such a configuration? Tobias you mentioned "support for SNAPSHOTS" on the thread above. (I think https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tycho-user/msg04146.html was the same Q.)

A completely different thought that occured to me was to have a go at this from another angle: If you used git submodules to checkout out different Tycho based projects and then built them together, you wouldn't have this problem.. I've heard / read about  git submodules but not yet tried used them - any opinions about this? The additional advantage to this would be that you could "feature branch" such different projects together - if I understand submodules correctly.

Thank you!
Michael
Michael Vorburger
http://www.vorburger.ch