Re: [tycho-user] Custom category.xml location

Churbanov wrote:
> That's an option i am currently trying to avoid. The reason is because
> i want single project, that has all responsibilities of creating
> repositories/publishing them (may be with some profiles/passing
> parameters). There is something wrong with my Maven configurations, or
> my understanding of Tycho work?

AFAIK, using profiles/properties to let a single project produce
significantly different artifacts is generally frowned upon as Not The
Maven Way: Depending on the profile activated, your build may end up
deploying different artifacts (here: zipped repositories) to the same
coordinate (unless you use classifiers to distinguish between the
different variants).

In short: two artifacts => two projects.

(Profiles/properties are best reserved for adapting your build to
different environments.)

Hope that helps.

Andreas

--