Re: [tycho-user] Tycho version

I don't think so as this is a recommanded practive in the Maven community following the DRY principle.

Jeff

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Tony HEDOUX <tony.hedoux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have an eclipse project with a basic structure :

parent
|--- child A
|--- child B
|--- child C
|--- child D

I would like to update the parent version with the Tycho version plugin :

mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:0.20.0:set-version -DnewVersion=.....

But there is a side effect I want to avoid on children poms : if the version of pom is the same than the parent one, the version is removed.

This is a problem : In fact, at the next call to the Tycho version plugin, my children pom will be updated (with theirs manifests), even if I basically don't want to update their version number.

There is a way to keep explicit the parent version number in children pom, even if they are identical?

Thx for help,

Tony

--

  Tony HEDOUX
Software Engineer

  Mail : toh@xxxxxxxxxxx

6 rue Léonard De Vinci - BP 0119 - 53001 LAVAL Cedex - FRANCE
www.all4tec.net